Here are my top 11 moments of 2011,
- This summer I decided that D and I needed a hobby that we could do together so I took up the very easy game of golf. To my surprise I love playing and I am doing pretty well considering I have only picked up a club a handful of times in my life. Now I just can’t wait to get back out there this spring!
- Going to the Kitchener Blues Festival was a smaller memory of this past year, but D and I had nothing to do one night this past summer, so we looked online to see what was happening in town. We ended up having such a blast, there was great music and we even ended up meeting up with some friends for a at-the-park backyard BBQ. It was just one of those nights that I still talk about and definitely will be going back this summer!
- During my time working this past year, a co-worker and I decided to hit up the gym at lunch and kick start the P90X and Insanity routine. I loved this, it was a great way to spend the lunch hour and I have never been in better shape in my life. For 2012, I will be looking to find the motivation to get into such a great routine again.
- This November I had two things to celebrate, D’s big 25th birthday and a very welcomed visit from my down under girlfriend Harriet. She has been over to visit me twice now, and it is most definitely my turn next…I just wish Canada could move a little closer to Australia…for the weather and to be closer to my Aussies!
- Starting this blog has also been a big moment of this past year. Again I had thought about starting one for quite a while and when I decided to go for it I am so happy I did. It has turned out to be a great space for me to write and the support from family and friends has been amazing! I am sure this will lead to many more memories in 2012.
- In January I adopted my cute-as-can-be cat Keira. After figuring out exactly how to be a cat owner, I have never looked back! My apartment had become a little lonely with D working so much, but now its full of crazy and funny moments curtesy of Miss Keira. Cat lady status is definitely official.
- This year I ran my very first event. Yes, I have helped out at my fair share, but I had never planned and coordinated an entire event. I did a tool and trades expo at my school and it was such a wonderful and educational experience! I just hope its not my last ;)
- Muskoka is always a great memory of mine. I love going up any weekend that I can during the spring, summer and fall and if I could I would be up more in the winter as well. Being at the cottage is where I am in my ultimate happy place. Good vibes, great food and irreplaceable friends.
- One of the biggest decisions I made this year was to go back to school for Event Management. It was a big change at first, but has come to be one of the best things I did for myself in all of 2011! One more semester to go then I have some great opportunities to look forward to.
- In the more recent months since being back at school I have met several amazing people. The memories are too many to count, from sushi lunches, morning pep talks and all out fun on the weekends. I am so happy to have met everyone in my class, as well as all those who I have met through being involved with events! It was a tough move to the KW area in 2010 and finally I am really feeling a sense of community.
- My final top memory of 2011 has to be Christmas this year and Christmas every year for that matter. I don’t get to see my family all of the time, so spending 10 days in Arizona with my parents was extra special. There were lots of laughs, way too much food and good old fashioned family time!
There you have it my top 11 memories of the year. So goodbye 2011 and hello 2012, see you in a few hours!