Good Morning Daydreamers,
I am very pleased with myself. I have had a great start to my week. Despite having evening plans on Monday I made time to do an express workout. My typical workouts I don’t rush and by the time I get in my cardio and then do some abs and legs I typically spend 45 to 1 hour in the gym. However, you can still get a great workout if you commit to 30 minutes. Going in I knew I wanted to be out of the gym by 6:30, leaving time for a shower and dinner! So here is my example ‘express workout’.
Elliptical or treadmill 15 minutes
- yesterday I did the elliptical and stayed on level 8, which is a medium-high intensity for 13 minutes and down to level 4 for a two-minute cool down
Abs 5 minutes
- basic crunches 2 sets of 20
- oblique crunches 15 each side
- low plank hold 30 to 60 seconds
Legs 5 minutes
- sumo squats 20
- lunges 20
- squat with arm raises (with a 6 pound medicine ball) 20
Stretch 5 minutes
When I am doing a quicker workout I try to ramp up the intensity of the cardio and do more sets of fewer ab, leg or butt exercises. I know I will be working late a few days this week, but I am hoping to get down a few more times this week, even if it is only for 30 minutes!!
Until next time day dreamers!