Well, we are on day two of 2013, can you believe it!! I always love to think back on what I was up to last year at this time. To tell you the truth, I was still on Christmas vacation and I was not quite ready to go back to school for the last semester of my post-grad. Today, I was back at work and in full force (well almost it is tough to get back into everything so quickly!) With all of my travels over the holidays I probably could have used a few more days of recovery!
In terms of resolutions this year, I haven’t really thought of too many. I am more looking at what there is to come in the next year, I know for sure it will be a busy one! Here is the short list of what is to come and what I am going to call goals (if they are resolutions I feel they are more likely to falter by the end of January!)
- Land myself a full-time job. I am so close to being an adult, the only thing missing is paid vacations & benefits! The hunt for full-time jobs is in full force…unless my current contract is extended indefinitely that is!
- Weddings! Weddings! Weddings! My goal is to have my business plan and some marketing up and running by the summer time for my part-time wedding business.
- My Wedding! To book the MY wedding date/venue in the next few months…that is a short-term goal for my 2014 wedding!!!
- Maid of
HonourDishonour. I am currently helping my girlfriend plan her 2013 Thanksgiving wedding extravaganza…not only am I her MOH, but she is allowing me to plan her wedding as well, I can’t really think of a better first client!
- Keep on truckin’. In October I started a boot camp with one of my girlfriends and we are still participating in our 90-day challenge. I am hoping to keep up my fitness goals and continue to make 2013 a healthy one!
- Go on a trip. D and I have been working our butts off the last few years, with finishing up school, getting full-time jobs and starting our own business. I feel it is only fair…and my up-coming 25th birthday might be the perfect excuse!
- Start saving. With weddings and big kid life plans on the brain…I need to turn off party/spending mode and shift into a little saver…see goal number 1 to assist in this process and disregard life event number 6!
I’m sure there is plenty more in store for me this year, but here are my first few milestones that will make 2013 a great year! Even though I would love to still be on holiday’s, I am ready for you 2013.
Bring it on!