Good day all!
After a good year of fitness ups, the past few months fitness has been the last thing on my mind, until now. I woke up on Monday hell-bent and determined to start my new fitness and healthy eating regime. Two days later (and a pound and a half lighter) I am still going strong. My goal is to work up the courage to try on my bridesmaids dress (which I MUST fit into by October), when I bought it during a fitness kick I was about 10-12 pounds lighter…this can make a bit of a difference with how dresses fit!!
So here is my plan!
Fitness Goal: Run/walk home from work Monday to Friday. That is about 5 km per day, 25 km per week and approximately 2000 calories burnt! Sounds like a great step above couch potato to me. Once I am home I do some yoga to stretch out and I work on my abs, you always have to work on your abs!
Diet: Bye bye pasta and bread. I am attempting to go mostly carb free. Here is a sample day for me.
- Breakfast: Fruit smoothy (mixed berries, half a banana, 1 cup 1% milk, 1 Tbsp flaxseed) (depending on my mood maybe a bit of peanut butter too!)
- Lunch: 1 cup tofu with bbq sauce (or any lean protein), large salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, balsamic vinegar
- Dinner: 1/2 zucchini and 1 cup mushrooms sautéed with olive oil and spices (to taste), veggie burger (or any lean protein)
- Snack: if needed I bought crispy minis for a small snack. Also if you are ever desperate for a snack have a piece of cheese and a pickle (or anything pickled). The full fat cheese it is higher in fat, but low in carbs so it burns as energy and who doesn’t love cheese and pickles together!
- Drink: Water, tea, coffee, and at night with dinner have sparkling water for something fizzy!
Day three is coming to a close and I am feeling way better than I did last week. My energy level is up and I am feeling much less moody (yay all good things for D!). I will keep you posted as I progress in the next few weeks. In the mean time wish me luck!
Until next time day dreamers!