Two weeks ago I decided it was time. I was done pretending to work out on my own. So I joined a gym, LA Fitness to be exact. I am going on week 2 (well my second full week) and so far so good. I have committed to Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at the gym and I am seriously sticking to it!
If you have followed this blog for the almost 2 years of its existence you will know I have started (and sadly stopped) many a regime. Here is how I am making this work (and hopefully for the long-term).
- I set a realistic goal. Going to the gym 3 days during the week is realistic. Saying that I will get up at 8:00 am Saturday morning to work out… is not.
- I am paying for a membership. It’s sad but true. I do not like wasting money. The more I go the less I am spending (on a per visit basis) on my gym membership. This makes me feel like I am saving and I like that!
- I am getting fit because I want to be fit. I want to look good. I want to feel good. I am not going for anyone else.
- I pack my bag before bed and bring it to work with me. I am all about convenience, I also know myself better than anyone. Going home to change is an excuse for me to go home and change into my couch potato pants.
- This gym has options. I have never been to a gym with a pool. I have not yet gone in for a dip but I am excited to try new types of workouts. Whether that is swimming laps, a new class or trying a machine that I wasn’t quite sure how to use. I have lots of options and I know I won’t get bored too easily!
- Stress relief. To keep my work stress in check I need this. So as long as I am busy at work I need to be going to the gym. I don’t think that will be an issue in the work department.
So here I go, off to the gym for another week. My long-term goals are set, however in the short-term I have one goal. It is me versus a bridesmaid dress and this is so happening! Bring it!
Until next time day dreamers!