Last year I did a post of New Years Resolutions. I wanted to take a moment and look back to see how I did before writing a few of my 2014 resolutions! To see my 2013 post check it our here.
So I didn’t meet all of my goals, but number one was finding a job, which changed a few of our other plans. We were not able to go on a trip for my birthday because we were in the process of moving (because of my new job) but that is okay, I still had a fantastic birthday party!! As for the wedding department my business plans are still in the works, again hindered by my new job that keeps me ultra busy. However, I was in my friend’s wedding and it was fantastic, once again we had PERFECT October weather, so lucky and I have made huge waves with my own wedding as well!
What is in store for 2014, here is the short list.
- Sweat for the dress. I have already started working hard on getting in shape for my wedding, but I have to keep it up, September is still far away, but I know it will be coming up super quick!
- Stay on track. With my job and personal life keeping me busy. I have to make sure I stay extra organized in the coming months. Being an event planner by day and planning my wedding by night is not easy (or a stress free) task!
- Stay healthy. For a long time I haven’t put me first. I have started by working out and eating right, but another significant part of staying healthy is keeping up on all my various doctors appointments (eyes, teeth, etc.) and continue with my chiropractor, I feel so much better when I go and it is just one more thing that helps me stay healthy overall!
- Be calm. 2013 was a stress filled year. With any stress this takes a toll on your yourself, but also the people around me. I need to work on staying calm and happy if not just for my on sanity, but D’s too!
- Get hitched! The planning may be a pain, but I think this is a 2014 resolution I will be keeping ;)
- Learn a new language. D and I both want to start using Rosetta Stone. I want to learn spanish (D already speaks it so that will help in the learning process) and D wants to learn Russian!
- Read more. It horrifying to think, but I don’t think I read a single book in 2013, especially after devouring at least 8-10 books in 2012. It was one of those years that I had so much on the go or too much on my mind to let myself drift away in a book. D got me the Divergent series for Christmas, so I will definitely be starting there!
I always look forward to the new year. I love planning ahead with goals and I love looking back on the past year to see how I did! What are your 2014 resolutions?