I am almost half way through month 4 of my new healthy routine. I have been hitting the gym and trying my best to eat well! My goal for last week was to go to the gym everyday as I got my wedding dress measurements done over the weekend. I did well and only missed Thursday night because of a work event. Not too shabby! I am starting to feel really great I have lost a few pounds and I have definitely dropped a few inches (yay!!)
Here is a quick breakdown of what I have been doing:
Workout Routine (3 day rotation)
- day 1: 10-15 minute cardio warm up, abs & legs
- day 2: 10-15 minute cardio warm up, arms & butt
- day 3: 30 minutes cardio, 15 minutes weights (combo of arms/legs/abs)
- Repeat rotation
My goal has been to go 3 times a week, however I have just stepped it up and I am aiming for 4-5 workouts. On most weeks this is doable, but it will definitely get tougher once my busy event season begins! In general I just try my best, but I am realistic that I am a busy person!
- Breakfast: Vi-Salus meal replacement mixed with unsweetened almond milk, coffee
- Snack: soy yogurt & fruit (berries or tangerines)
- Lunch: green salad, bean medley, soup (lunch is offered at my work, so I choose the various salad bar options and avoid carbs)
- Dinner: sautéed/steamed veggies, vegetarian protein
- Snack: apple sauce with a pinch of cinnamon
My breakfast & lunch stay almost always the same, dinners I like to mix up spices and veggies and of course proteins. I will have anything from tofu or veggie burgers to beans or quinoa.
So drum roll please….
I was first measured for my dress back in early October. As of Saturday I am down 4.5 inches and 7 pounds! I am so happy with my progress and it has really motivated me to stay on track! It gets tough when you step on the scale and don’t see a lot of change, but the loss of inches, especially off my hips is so encouraging!! However, Christmas is always tough to get through. But I am going to try my best to avoid the festive sweets (so far this week… that is not going well…) and I plan on doing my shakes and a modest lunch so I can enjoy dinner and drinks over the break! Tomorrow is a new day, as long as I am mostly good I will make it through the holidays!