Posted at 6:02 PM , on January 16, 2014
*Better late then never. Whoops! I thought I posted this already, I have been so busy that I did even realize! Here is my ‘just a little bit late’ post on my fantastic NYE!!*
This year for New Years Eve, D and I really wanted to go out. We have always been with family or gone to small house parties. So we said let’s do it up big this year. Sure, it’s an over priced and some would argue over hyped night, but hey it’s always good to try new things!
After researching a bunch of places hosting NYE parties we settled on the Majestic NYE party at the Fairmont Royal York! We got a dinner and dance ticket so everything would be in one place and we could enjoy the night! We were lucky enough to have a limo take us downtown and home at the end of the night. Seriously, if I had the money I don’t think I would ever drive again!
So I planned on taking a bunch of pictures, but instead just enjoyed the night mostly camera free. We had a 3 course dinner, listened to a very unfortunate comedian (I felt so bad, but we couldn’t hear him and he wasn’t great at improve when he realized the crowd was so not into it…), enjoyed some scandalous dance performers, then we hit the dance floor! All and all we had a great time! I don’t think I would do it every year but it was a pretty amazing party! Even ran into a few old friends (what are the chances when you are with at least 2000 other people!!).
I hope everyone else had amazing NYE. Did you guys keep it low-key or leave 2013 with a bang?
Until next time day dreamers!
Posted at 9:46 AM , on January 3, 2014
Last year I did a post of New Years Resolutions. I wanted to take a moment and look back to see how I did before writing a few of my 2014 resolutions! To see my 2013 post check it our here.
So I didn’t meet all of my goals, but number one was finding a job, which changed a few of our other plans. We were not able to go on a trip for my birthday because we were in the process of moving (because of my new job) but that is okay, I still had a fantastic birthday party!! As for the wedding department my business plans are still in the works, again hindered by my new job that keeps me ultra busy. However, I was in my friend’s wedding and it was fantastic, once again we had PERFECT October weather, so lucky and I have made huge waves with my own wedding as well!
What is in store for 2014, here is the short list.
- Sweat for the dress. I have already started working hard on getting in shape for my wedding, but I have to keep it up, September is still far away, but I know it will be coming up super quick!
- Stay on track. With my job and personal life keeping me busy. I have to make sure I stay extra organized in the coming months. Being an event planner by day and planning my wedding by night is not easy (or a stress free) task!
- Stay healthy. For a long time I haven’t put me first. I have started by working out and eating right, but another significant part of staying healthy is keeping up on all my various doctors appointments (eyes, teeth, etc.) and continue with my chiropractor, I feel so much better when I go and it is just one more thing that helps me stay healthy overall!
- Be calm. 2013 was a stress filled year. With any stress this takes a toll on your yourself, but also the people around me. I need to work on staying calm and happy if not just for my on sanity, but D’s too!
- Get hitched! The planning may be a pain, but I think this is a 2014 resolution I will be keeping ;)
- Learn a new language. D and I both want to start using Rosetta Stone. I want to learn spanish (D already speaks it so that will help in the learning process) and D wants to learn Russian!
- Read more. It horrifying to think, but I don’t think I read a single book in 2013, especially after devouring at least 8-10 books in 2012. It was one of those years that I had so much on the go or too much on my mind to let myself drift away in a book. D got me the Divergent series for Christmas, so I will definitely be starting there!
I always look forward to the new year. I love planning ahead with goals and I love looking back on the past year to see how I did! What are your 2014 resolutions?
Until next time day dreamers!