Posted at 6:29 PM , on November 18, 2013
In my last post I mentioned wanting to make more time in my life. Today instead of heading to my couch when I got home I decided to play a little piano. Sorry to my neighbours…because I am rusty! After the 20th time I got it though!
To get me back into the swing of this I picked up the old christmas books. Personally I think Christmas music should be reserved for December only, but if I am going to perform at our family Christmas I should start practicing now!
One of these days though, I would like to take more lessons. 10-year-old me was pretty awesome at playing. Unfortunately the private school I attended had me busy every night of the week so I wasn’t able to continue with lessons in middle school/high school. I feel that with a few lessons I could be right back on track! And I think playing a little piano is a skill everyone should have!
Until next time day dreamers.
Posted at 7:01 PM , on November 14, 2013
I love being busy. I think that is part of the reason I became an event planner, there is no lack of things to do on that front. However sometimes when I feel like all I do is work, go to the gym, get groceries, clean, run errands, I get home and think wow I should really slow down!
What it really comes down to is making more time for me. The gym is for me, but it is still surrounded by the stress of driving, class schedules and finding the time just to go!
In the coming months I plan on taking more time for me. Slowing down. Making time to have a cup of tea, listen to music, play the piano, read a book, and to write.
Winter is on its way, so I know things will slow down at home. Dark evenings and cold weather make me want to curl up by a fire all day. It is the perfect opportunity to make more time for me.
What will you make time for?
Until next time day dreamers.
Posted at 5:48 PM , on June 6, 2013
D and I have a big year coming up, with a wedding pending in the wings, we are attempting to cut costs where we can and go into savings mode. As a part of our deal with moving and an attempt to shave off a few expenses we got rid of our satellite TV. It seems weird to think that this is a huge decision, but I really don’t remember ever not having TV! Also D and I seem to have 50 of our favourite shows on the go all of the time, but we will make do.
So in light of going tv-less, I have decided to make time for things that really should have come before watching TV anyway!
- Music. I miss just listening to music, as a kid/teenager I would always have a playlist or cd going no matter what I was up to. TV’s steal that from you!! Plus I have a great record player that I am waiting to set up again. It is going to be a dance party up in here!
- Piano. Not everyone knows that I used to play piano as a kid and since my parents sold our family home in 2010 I have travelled from apartment to apartment with my piano. The problem is that it is a bit of a dust collector, I never take the time to sit a play. No TV means I need to entertain myself some how, right?!!
- Unpacking (for now). The nice thing about not having TV when you move…nothing is convincing you to sit on the couch and relax. There are lots of things to do around the house when I get home from work and yes I really do have time to unpack when I get home, even though I attempt to make excuses.
- Blogging. I have been so busy that I am definitely jumping on this opportunity to sit and write. I miss it. Blogging helps me reflect and really just slow down. Maybe it was my days at U of T writing multiple essays in a week, but when I am not blogging I miss it.
- Being Active. It’s summer! We all are wanting to get outside and get active. Working and being
busy lazy at home can always cut into this! No TV means get off the couch!!
- Cooking. I just unpacked all of my cook books and thought… hmm I should start trying new recipes again, I have so many good ones on hand!!
- Dancing. Oh wait I always have time for that…(and by dancing I mean erratic movements in my living room, bedroom, kitchen, driveway, grocery store, you know anywhere really).
That is just a short list of what I am doing to help transition from having TV and really it is a positive change, plus who doesn’t love a few extra dollars in their pockets!!
Black bean & vegetable fajita.
Until next time day dreamers!